We’re constantly coming up with weird and wonderful plans for monthly sewing themes… And if you ever want to suggest in idea, please do!
Here’s what we have planned currently:
- August 2017: Tribute Month! Get inspired by a favourite blogger, and make something they would approve! Or straight up copy them – that works too!
- November 2017: #SewcialistsTNT Month! We’re celebrating Tried’N’True patterns, so sew up a TNT or sew a pattern for a second time to see if it deserves TNT status!
- February 2018: #SewStripes! Sew something with stripes:
- May 2018: #SewcialistsLoveMMMay Sharing ideas and reflections to celebrate 9 years of Me-Made May!
- August 2018: #SewStyleHero! Make something inspired by a sewist, celebrity, of fictional character whose style you admire!
- November 2018: TBD!
Plus, you can check out previous theme months, including:
- Blue February
- Shieldmaiden March – Sew Viking/Fantasy/Medieval clothing
- Pink April
- Tribute Month
- Grease Is The Word
- Polka Dot January
- Lingerie Month
[…] of upcoming challenges: I’ve been trying to put together a page where you can always check what is up next, but I’m having some technical issues. I made the […]
Sorry, stupid question but what is the topic in January?
Would you consider “Little Red Corvette” for February 2018?
I would be interested in reading and contributing posts about “generativity,” a five-dollar word for passing down what one knows to future generations. I have recently retired and I have started working with my six-year-old granddaughter. Her enthusiasm has amazed me, and I’ve also learned a thing or two about what works and what doesn’t. (A little kid can’t control adult-sized scissors!) I’ve also developed some cool ideas about how to show a kid how to thread a machine. (Hint: It involves infographics.)
Beyond specifics, however, I am intrigued with how, why, and when we pass down crafts to the next generation. Or do we need to skip a generation when our own daughters have no interest? Is sewing among young people experiencing a renaissance (I vote yes), and what is the role of shows like Project Runway Junior?
If you think this would be of interest, I would be happy to provide more specifics.
[…] February: #sewstripes and other monthly sewing themes Host: @sewcialists Website with upcoming themes […]
[…] Upcoming Theme Months! […]