There are so many bloggers making great lingerie these days! If you are looking for inspiration, here are some of my favourites to check out.
- OhhhLulu sells handmade lingerie and PDF patterns – plus she’s from a small town just an hour and a half from me!
- Emerald Erin is also from Southern Ontario – she’s been sewing a bra a week since the winter, and every single one is gorgeous!
- You can also see some of Erin’s sewing on the Bra Maker’s Supply blog, and get tips and tricks from Beverly Johnson – or take one of Beverly’s two Craftsy courses about bramaking!
- Andie from Sew Pretty in Pink and Leah from Is It Really Sew Strange both took the bra-making course at Bra Maker’s Supply, and now they make fabulous bras. Particularly inspiring if you have a large bust!
OneTwo more Canadian links: Tasia from Sewaholic and Heather from Closet Case Files have blogged some great bras this year!
- On the other side of the world, Novita (Very Purple Person) has a whole range of posts on finished bras, pattern reviews and tutorials.
- Madalynne and Handmade by Carolyn make lovely delicate things…
- Anne, the Clothing Engineer, is amazingly detail-oriented, and gives great reviews of the bra-making kits she buys online.
- Cloth Habit and Orange Lingerie sell patterns and are fabulous sources of professional knowledge!
In the comments, please share your own inspiration – other bloggers, RTW, or pinterest boards!
Those are fab suggestions for inspiration and patterns Gillian! I visit all of those regularly for inspiration, but also to just ogle the pretty makes :D. I credit Amy of ClothHabit for starting me off on the bra / lingerie making fun with her sewalong a couple years or so ago.
MakeBra has some great patterns too: http://www.makebra.com/products-page/lingerie-patterns/
For us small band / large cup gals, Michelle has lots of inspiration on her blog, Michelle’s Creations https://eforshopping.wordpress.com/
I would love to make a bra but don’t think that they will ever be a pattern big enough for me. I have made some nice lingerie from two Jill Salen Books; one on corsets and one on vintage lingerie. You have to scale up and re-size the patterns from the book but they go together really well. Xx
I am so excited to be doing my first sewcialist project! I was already planning on undies and a bralette this month so hopefully I will complete the projects in time to share with you all! So exciting! <3
Hello I have a bra making group on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/groups/bramaking101/
Also running a contest until 7/17 on some free bra making supplies. Join the group or my blog to find out more http://www.curvygirlsarechic.com
[…] Bra and Knicker Sewing Inspira… on Sewcialists […]
[…] Bra and Knicker Sewing Inspiration […]